Librarian: Mrs. Amanda Gallagher, email@example.com
The Library provides a wide range of materials: books, audiobooks, videos, computer software and hardware, and magazines to meet students’ individual needs and interests. Through weekly scheduled classes, students learn how to use the Library’s resources and become acquainted with the variety of literature available. Students also engage in a wide range of STEM activities during Library, including Hour of Code and Design Challenges.
Other things to know about the Library:
- Students visit as a class for instruction and selection.
- Teachers can sign up to bring their classes to the Library for additional instruction and research.
- The Library hours are from 8:30 a.m. through 3:40 p.m. each day.
- Books are checked out for one week and may be renewed two times as long as no one is waiting for the book.
- Students must bring the book to the Library for renewal.
- Overdue books cannot be renewed.
- Overdue notices are generated on a weekly basis. However, students who are absent on their scheduled Library day should return their books to the Library upon their return to school so the computer does not generate an overdue slip in their name.
- Books may be put on reserve.
- Students are responsible for any materials that they sign out or use in the Library. Damage or loss is charged to individual students. Lost or damaged materials must be paid for before the final report card is distributed.
- Reference tools may be checked out overnight.
- Magazines are checked out for one week.
- Videotapes/DVD’s are for teacher use only
- Library classes are integrated w/curriculum, incorporating technology as much as possible.